Update old armies
- 0 (0%)
You decide!
- 0 (0%)
Nightstalkers
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Looking for Kings Of War Players  (Read 4339 times)

longtooth

Re: Looking for Kings Of War Players
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »

Sorry I haven't replied sooner.  This Sunday, 1 PM is good for me.

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 08:59:08 PM »

Sunday at 1 it is! See you there!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:37:41 PM by VampireLord666 »

longtooth

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 05:42:40 AM »

Thank you for the game.  It is nice to see painted armies on the table.  We should so this again.  Maybe there are other Kings of War gamers at Asgard?

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2015, 12:12:50 AM »

Who knows about others, if we play enough games here, then maybe we can inspire them, or post flyers
about any leagues that we might start, and/or campaigns!

You're welcome. It was a pleasure to test out these rules, we might get some wrong, but that's okay, I'm
still learning the basics. If I would build an army using the mantic stuff, I'm debating if I want to start
Forces of the Abyss or Orcs. If I'm going the former, I couldn't decide if I want to convert some models
or wait until mantic releases their full range. What do you think?

longtooth

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »

If you want to build Forces of the Abyss you could use games workshop figures.  I plan to build a Kingdoms of Men army using historical figures.  I'll most likely use War of the Roses Perry miniatures to build that army.  I'm good for a second game this weekend if you want to.

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 12:30:17 AM »

Well Saturday is probably actual release day for battle of zendikar, so I might be available this
Sunday, since it worked out so well the last time. Alternately I could do next weekend, depending
on your schedule.

BTW, if I would go to a mantic sponsored tournament at stores like you suggested, I don't know if I have to
bring the mantic models or bring GWs fantasy models (like most of my collection). I might do some
conversions here and there (Like the archfiend or the Chroneas for instance) but I don't know
if that's allowed for mantic sponsored tournaments if they haven't made the model yet.
(These days GW is awfully picky on the whole No Model No Rules thing, which isn't quite the case
nowadays with a new Tau release and whatnot.)

Also I'm quite on a budget so despite me not using the mantic stuff, I might as well to see if the glues GW
makes are backwards compatible.

What do you think about this?

longtooth

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 06:52:44 AM »

This already being the weekend...why don't we plan for either Saturday or Sunday next weekend.  I'm good for either day.  Which day and time is good for you and how many points?

From what I've seen of Kings of War games, it is OK to use other figures instead of mantic's figs.  Last Saturday I fought against a Ogre army made up of GW models.  Mantic army list include many armies they do not make figures for...so no problem using figures from other companies.

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »

For this weekend, I might not be available, seeing I might take care of the dog that weekend.
Plus, my counter set has yet to arrive, so I'll have a look at that. So why not try shooting for
next weekend? I'll see if I can get 2000 points together by then. If anything comes up,
I will let you know ASAP.   

longtooth

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 05:42:39 AM »

No problem.  Maybe next weekend then.  I got some new toys to paint for the Kingdoms of Men army I want to build.

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 11:28:17 PM »

I'm not sure what my plans are this Saturday, but I can try to make it to Sunday if that's
okay. I'm not sure what time you have planned for those days.  If anything comes up I will let you
know ASAP.

longtooth

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 05:05:52 AM »

I'm good either day.  May have found another Kings of War gamer willing to drive to Asgard.

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 02:49:26 PM »

Oh? What faction(s) does that player play?

longtooth

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 09:52:48 PM »

Don't know.  I'll go to Kings of War Houston Facebook page and ask him to visit this forum and tell us.

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 01:56:03 AM »

Well, I just went to the store last night and saw a proxy battle between twilight kin
against dwarves with no clear Victor (I didn't know twilight kin can take abyssals in their
force list until I read the pdf and the army builder again, and not just allies, but you
can only take certain abyssals.) and now I'm torn between either starting Orcs
or Abyssals! Alternatively I could take one as a main force and the other as an ally but not sure
which one. What do you think?

Also, this weekend might be the 40k tourney on Saturday, but I might make Sunday, not sure which
time. If anything comes up I will let yuri know ASAP.

longtooth

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 07:03:04 AM »

I think either abyssal or orcs would be fun.  I don't have any abyssal figures for my twilight kin army.  The twilight kin army is going to change sometime next year.  The pdf list is only temporary until then.  Before I do anything else with it I want to see the final army list when it is released.  Therefore, I'll slowly work on my kings of men force.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5