Genestealer Cults
- 0 (0%)
Deathwatch
- 0 (0%)
Harlequins
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: looking for 40k players  (Read 2604 times)

VampireLord666

• The Legend
looking for 40k players
« on: February 16, 2015, 01:20:00 AM »

Since I can't exactly post in the old game forums anymore, i'll have to make due with Posting on this forum.
 That said I was wondering if I would get a 40 K game with the new rules. Current rules to be precise.
 Also I was wondering if I would get into the new harlequin models coming out these past few weeks
 Seeing that I have yet to bring an army to test out the new 40k rules.

Who knows of starting a harlequin army is a good idea. What do you fellas think?
 Also I don't use the Facebook page so I can only use these forums.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:26:06 AM by VampireLord666 »

VampireLord666

• The Legend
Re: looking for 40k players
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 12:24:30 AM »

Added a poll to see which army shall I work on and/or bring to the store. Since I can't post in the old forums anymore,
I'll have to make due with this one. I'm trying to get back into 40k and I can't quite figure out which army to test
Out the current rules on. What do you think?

AvgJoe

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 08:12:26 PM »

Does anyone still roll 40k?  I played back in 3rd/4th edition and am interested in starting something if there's enough competition.

Just looking for a casual hobby - play for fun, not to win.
And it sounds like the venue will soon have booze too ;)

- Joe

AvgJoe

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 05:53:16 PM »

I've decided to make a small 500 point sized Dark Eldar army for shiggles.

Hopefully someone speaks up by the time I've finished it.

- Joe

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 10:59:58 PM »

Well, most tournament players have 1850 points worth of models, but 500 points
Is fine too, since we both have yet to play a game in this edition.

I am working oh a khorne daemonkin army,  but I can bring my
Adeptas Sororitas as well, seeing that a vote was casted for them.

Not sure when you'd be available though.

AvgJoe

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 11:53:49 PM »

VampireLord666 - 1850 points is somewhat of an investment, especially considering you're the only confirmed player...

I will have an unpainted 500 pt force within a month's time.
I bought digital copies of the 7th ed. rules and Dark Eldar codex - the rules have changed a bit... so I'm expecting some long battles.

All of that said, I'm sure we'll post when it's time to battle.  I encourage all those interested to come out and watch/talk.  I like to think I'm friendly.
It's a fun hobby and Asgard seems like a solid location.

If any moderators are watching, which days (evenings really) are best for pick-up games?  Alternatively, which days are bad?

- Joe

AvgJoe

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 09:32:19 PM »

I'll have a boring gray 500 pts army by Saturday, if anyone's interested.  It'll have the FOC minimum of 1 HQ and 2 Troops.

Any challengers?  (I should point out that I'm inexperienced with the 7th ed. rules)

- Joe

DaiShan

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 10:59:29 AM »

Sorry I'm late to the party here.....I'ev been desperately trying to find 40k players...I got plenty of stuff...Orks, CSM, Space Marines...

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 12:47:11 PM »

Wow, it's been a while since people have replied, seeing I haven't been going to the store as much as
I liked, and I've been falling behind with model building. Plus, those players have a Facebook community that
I am not a part of.

I'll reply to your PM as soon as I finish this post.

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »

Unless I missed it, there was a vote for tyranids! I was planning on making an army, but
with expensive models on the market, it's hard for me to keep up, not to mention possible
adeptas sororitas books and new tyranid books in the not too distant future. Ill see what comes
out first, then I will see if there is a tie breaker in between.

Giggity1

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »

Is there going to be a 40K event?

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »

Unclear, since I'm not in charge of these events. Might be this coming weekend or the next, since
the calender isn't quite clear. You might want to ask around, or look at the calender for more information.

Also, to anyone looking for a game on the weekdays, the store has changed their hours starting
Dec. 14, from 3pm to 10pm. Weekend hours remain unchanged.

Somehow I'm still torn between nids and sisters, so a tie breaker would be helpful.

Twisted

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 02:58:16 PM »

Hey y'all, I'm new to 40k and I'm really psyched to start getting into the game. I've just recently purchased my rulebook as well as a codex for my army (Tau). I have yet to start collecting models since I am still ironing out my list right now. That being said, I have a few questions.

Because this is by far the most convenient FLGS for me, I'm really interested in knowing what the 40k scene is like here. How many of y'all are there? Is it more fluffy or competitively focused? What are the usual days/hours for 40k? I have read the rules and tried my best to get a handle on them, but are there any of you willing to invest a bit of time in a noob to show him the ropes of the game? Finally, is there a minimum required points for games? I'm currently writing a 500 point list to get started and help wrap my head around the rules, but I can always scale up.

Sorry to barrage you guys with all the questions, and I really appreciate any who take the time to reply. Thanks.

~For the Greater Good~

*My apologies for any funky formatting / typos, I'm writing this from my phone  :P
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:16:03 PM by Twisted »

VampireLord666

• The Legend
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 11:02:25 PM »

Despite 40k being a lot more popular than Age of Sigmar and Hobbit put together in the GW
universe, the actual games played of 40k here are either few in between or non existent. Seriously,
I couldn't find a game here, and although I have played a few games here under this edition,
I have yet to find an actual game outside of tournaments, whether I simply observe or not.
The area is mostly dominated by Warmahordes, Guild Ball, Flames of War, X Wing, Armada and more.

As for me, I would love to play a game with you, I don't think I ever faced tau in this edition. So far,
people that I've seen do it to show off their competitive lists, as well as fluff armies for 30k, mechanicus,
what have you. As I've said before, there's no clear date or hours for 40k, people arrange a time
to meet, agree on points values and play the game. As for showing you the ropes, I would be happy to help
you with that! Although I am a bit rusty, that doesn't mean I won't teach you what I know. In fact, 500
points is as a good place to start as any, although 40k tournaments have 1850 as their points value.
In fact, I may have played more or less, depending on the person and the models that player has.

Say, when do you want to meet? I'm available this weekend.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:12:35 AM by VampireLord666 »

Twisted

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 11:19:24 AM »

Unfortunately, I won't be able to stop by for a while. I underwent a surgery this week and it will be a little while before I am able to play properly due to the fact that I am in a sling. Furthermore, I don't have any models yet, so again, it will be a while before I have them all together and I am ready to play. However, if there are any "loaner" or "test" armies at Asgard that one can play on, I'd be down to come play on that just to learn the rules.

I saw on the Houston 40k Facebook that there are tournaments here every third Saturday of the month. Are these still going on?
Pages: [1] 2